I did this post a couple of months ago. I had so much fun with it that I thought I would do a second post.
- I always have a glass of water on my bedside table before I go to bed. The only problem is, I have a tendency to leave the glasses there for weeks at a time & they just collect dust. I also have stacks of books a mile high and papers on there.
- Todd’s bedside table has NOTHING on it but a lamp! It is spotless.
- I switch sides of the bed every few months. I can’t stand to have an assigned side of the bed. I usually have to switch when I start sleeping bad at night. And once I switch I sleep so amazing!
- Fortunately, Todd doesn’t care that I make him switch. But he would be happy not switching too.
- Whenever I make him switch sides of the bed, he empties out both drawers of his bedside table & moves them to other table. I do not understand this. Just leave all the stuff there, you don’t use it anyways. But he has to have it. And sure enough I make him switch not but a few months later. Poor Todd. lol
- I leave all my stuff there, glasses and everything.
- If someone tells Todd he’s stubborn he immediately corrects them and says that he’s dogmatic, he’s not stubborn. I’m sorry Todd, but anyone who takes the time to assert that he’s not stubborn, is stubborn.
- Hi, I’m Kate! And I’m stubborn as hell and proud of it!
- I have to check on Lboy about 100 times when he’s been put to bed before I go to bed myself.
- Todd always tells me to leave the kid alone and let him sleep.
- Todd thinks that quality time together is spent at a football game with 76,000 other people or a concert with 30,000 other people.
- Um, I don’t think so. Having 76,000 screaming, sometimes angry fans is does not a good time make. I swear the older I get the more crowd anxiety I develop. It’s weird.
- Todd never makes a list when he’s packing to go on an away trip. So I always pack him underwear and socks because he ALWAYS forgets those two items-and they are pretty important items to forget.
- I on the other hand makes lists for my lists. I can’t start my day without a list. They all have certain labels & everything. It can’t be any list, it has to be formatted just right.
Ah,the beauty of marriage! Sometimes the differences are what make this whole deal colorful!
OMGOODNESS!!! I couldn't help but laugh your first two bullet items sound like my hubs and I. In fact, we had the "switch sides" talk last night!!! He hates that I make him do that. LOL
This is really funny. My husband is actually the one that hoards the water glasses. I always ask him if aliens are coming (like in the movies "Signs" lol) He never makes lists for his bags, but I think he's only forgotten one item since I've known him. Me, on the other hand, I make lists for my lists, too. I will totally forget something if I don't do so! We don't have a "side" of the bed, per say. I just have to be closest to the bathroom no matter what bed we're staying in, so the sides depend on that. Especially now that I'm 8 1/2 months preggers! LOL I don't want to have to walk alllll the way around the bed?!?!
I'm with Todd on letting the boy sleep, though I love that you are stubborn and proud!
Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds says
I can't believe you switch sides of the bed! Tim & I have had the same side of the bed since the day we got married. Sleeping over there would be so weird!
I am more like you than I thought. I have the water next to the bed along with books, hair bows,and pens. And the social anxiety; I can totally feel you on that.
I don't switch side of the bed though. I told my husband that he always has to be closest to the door just in case someone breaks in or something.
Mama Insomnia says
The first 2 points are my husband and I to a tee! Although we don't switch sides as often as we used to because now I sleep closest to the door because I usually am the one getting up with Jack at night!
I'm big on lists too! I love them and actually think they make life so much easier for me. Also, when going on out of town trips, I pack for all of us, including my husband. He only takes out the clothes he wants to bring but I'm the one who puts them in the bags. If I were to let him do his own packing, he'd be wearing super wrinkled stuff all through out the trip.
I'm the neat, organized one but as of late, I've let a lot of the cleaning slide. It's just so hard to keep up with everything with a child!
GREAT idea! I might try switching sides, too… my left shoulder is getting a bit sore 🙂
I love these 🙂 You'll have to keep doing installments!
Shelby Bukhenik says
haha I love this! I am so a list girl myself!