|My sisters & me in this order: Kate, Whitley, Maryann. I’m the oldest, Whitley the youngest (of the girls) & Maryann is in the middle. We also have two little brothers.|
1. LOVE that is unimaginable to me right now.
2. My future childrenâ€™s laughter.
3. Watching my husband play with our future children. (I love watching him play with Lboy.)
4. Getting to take my children on hiking and canoeing trips.
5. Teaching my children about life.
6. Learning about life from my children.
7. Getting to eat snow cones with my child in my lap while sharing the same spoon. (Lboy and I did this.)
8. Having a little boy so excited about getting to pee off a bridge that he wants me to watch and then proceeds to make designs in the water. (I have experienced this and itâ€™s absolutely hilarious.)
9. Childrenâ€™s innocence. It is a constant reminder that this world is exciting and magical.
10. The joy my in-laws will get from getting to be first time grandparents and the joy my parents will get from being grandparents again.
1. Teenagers (They scare me!)
2. Siblings fighting (seriously I donâ€™t know how parents can stand this)
3. Being financially responsible for another human being other than myself.
4. Loss of freedom getting to go and do whatever I want whenever I please.
5. The anxiety that:
Every corner is a busted head, every light socket is an electric chair, every stair is a steep mountainous climb and a simple tumble will bring serious injury, and every park bench is a cliff in which my children will plunge head first to their death.
6. I dread the thought of potty training.
7. I dread the thought of disciplining my children. (I canâ€™t even discipline my dog without feeling disgustingly guilty.)
8. Listening to and dealing with angry, screaming children.
9. Having stubborn children just like me.
10. Failing to teach my children all the essential skills to be successful in the world.