I have this incredibly cute puppy, okay he’s not a puppy, more of a teenager. He’s two and a half years old. His name is Giorgio. He’s my precious five pound usurped baby.
Saturday I decided it was super important that I spend some one-on-one time with the pup. So, I took him on my jog. I’m pretty sure he had a ton more fun than I did.
You see, this poor puppy has been a tad bit neglected with the wee one being the
king, boss, fascist dictator main getter of all the attention. When Lboy went down for bedtime I thought that I would take Giorgio for a run with me.
What I re-learned about my dog:
1. He’s a diva (waaay more than I am.) He refuses to run on the grass. It had to be pavement or sidewalk or he wasn’t having it. At one point I got to a busy road, there was no sidewalk, he was going to have to run on the grass (you know like I did!) & he sat his cute, little yorkie hiney down & would.not.budge.
2. He’s a diva! Yes, I know I already used this one. But I learned it more than once. I forgot that I spoiled him & that he will only drink filtered or bottled water. It can’t be tap water. I used to let him drink out of my bottled water cap. I know, I know. My husband calls me Elle Woods. ‘Nuff said.
3. He’s out of shape–like me! He & I used to run everyday together pre-baby. Those were the glory days of not sucking air. They don’t exist that way anymore. Within 15 minutes we were pooped! (But we ran for 45–needless to say we both sleep great that night!)
4. He has a blast when he’s not being tortured with the wheels of my humongo jogging stroller with wheels bigger than his body. And I know he loved not having to dodge the baby’s sippy cup. Lboy usually spends our time out running/walking by throwing his sippy cup over the side of the stroller. So Giorgio ends up dodging torpedoes the entire time.
5. He had the biggest puppy smile on his face the ENTIRE time we were gone & is now snuggled up at my feet passed out! I’m pretty sure we are besties again!
6. And the most important thing I learned: I have a really GREAT dog & he is a really GREAT friend!!!
So…if you happen to be in my area, see a little yorkie strutting his stuff on a sidewalk, drinking from a bottle of water while his owner is trudging her way through knee high grass–that’s me!
Shelby Bukhenik says
It is SO awesome that he'll ride in the pocket like that!! HAHA! My mom's cockapoo won't go on wet grass.
My dog growing up was named George. Great dog name. 🙂
Bossy Betty says
Oh my gosh! Look at those eyes!!!
So cute. Loved reading about him too!
Ashley O. says
I think all yorkies are divas!! Mine are spoiled rotten also and I know it is all my fault! I can't help it, they are just too cute!
Giorgio kinda looks like a mix of my Honey & Romeo. 🙂
MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) says
We have a furry baby, too. Our kitty Sasha was here long before the babies, and even after a year and a half, she hasn't completely embraced her "big sister" role. As soon as the babies are asleep, she struts out and demands our attention. And of course she gets it. 🙂
P.S. Love your "About Me"!
adorable 🙂 Wait… he can run for 45 minutes? Or was he in the stroller? or both?
Okay, that made me laugh. Too cute!
Oh, he is so cute!! I bet he and my Maggie would be bff's. Maggie is very picky too. More with where she sleeps and what she eats then grass walking, but still. Isn't it funny how they need time to reconnect with us? We cuddle at night and during nap time and I guess that makes up for the attention free days! And good job on a 45 minute jog!!!
What a cute little pup!!! 🙂 I'm not a dog person, but I totally want to cuddle that little guy.
Thats too funny!!! He is way to cute!! I'm surprised his little legs can keep up for 45 minutes!! But I guess I wouldn't really know since I DO NOT RUN AT ALL!!! Good for you for getting back into it!
Giorgio is absolutely precious (erm, handsome!) My Shih Tzu is a lazy mess, and he rides in the stroller basket too!
Awwww he's too cute! Can I borrow him? LOL!
Your dog is so cute, I can't stand it! I just 'acquired' a little dog for the first time in my life, and I find myself doing, saying, and buying things I said I'd never buy….and I have about 5,432 projects I want to do in honor of the little guy….
Awwwww that picture of him in the stroller is the best!!!!!!!
Gotta love dogs!
Theta healing says
Theta Healing can empower people to move forward in life more positively. It is important to remember though that conscious chatter needs to be checked and where necessary re-framed, as a person will of course get into habits of negative thinking over time which need to be rectified.
Time to take care of your fitness is heltah is very important. I just saw a recent picture of me, and my arms are not toned like they used to be. I may have to look up this book. Glad you had time for yourself. Following back. 🙂