What all have I done since I’ve been away?
I never would have thought that I would admit this before, but I actually enjoyed NOT blogging. I wasn’t stressed or obsessed with how many comments a day I was getting, how many people I was
not able to write back who left comments, how many blogs I visited, writing on the SITS site & the featured blog, if my google follow number was going up or down, my stats, or worried about what I was writing for the day. My mind was actually very blank from it all and it felt…..really, really, really, really, really good.
Do we blog for fun or do we let it control us? I was letting my blog control me. It had progressively gone from a lot of fun, to a very poorly paid job. And it was good, no amazing to be away. To be honest, I’m not even sure if I want to be back except for the fact that I missed writing and I missed the ladies I “visit” with on a daily basis.
Anywho….what I did I do while I was away?
- I read a LOT of books! I’m on book #6 right now called, “I, Elizabeth” by Rosalind Miles. I’m totally fascinated with the history of The Tudors and I read anything I can get my hands on about them, fiction or non-fiction. This is actually a fictional novel about the first Queen Elizabeth. I have read it before and like the first time I read it, I am totally absorbed and not sure I’ll resurface to the present day until I am finished with it.
- Lboy and I went to the library, the park, and on rainy days we went to the playground inside the mall. But mostly, we stayed inside and got used to being back in a schedule since we had been gone for 2 weeks. You have no idea how much you love your home, your bed, your kitchen, your pantry, your backyard, etc until you have been away for awhile. We are glad to be home, I think Lboy more than anyone.
- I have cleaned a lot. The house didn’t look like a bomb went off in it when Todd came home from work because instead of spending my free time reading blogs, writing blogs & designing blogs I was actually picking up after myself. Wow, what a concept!
- Not only was I cleaning, I was also cooking. These past few weeks we have had some really AMAZING meals: Roasted Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes, Roast Beef Stew, Apple Sage Porkchops, Crunchy Chicken Schnitzel, to name a few. I do plan on sharing the recipes & where I got them in some later posts this week! More to come on that….. 🙂
- I redesigned Mommy Monologues (yes, again) and Cutesy Couture Designs (yes, again) on paper. I haven’t been able to do them on my computer yet because my computer is STILL BROKEN! This will also be another post with a potential letter that will be mailed to Sony expressing my extreme disappointment in their product. I know they won’t care that some stay-at-home mom has a complaint against their multi-million dollar corporation, but it will make me feel better nonetheless.
- Todd & I have spent many an evening watching movies & fun TV shows. I even got him to watch the CMAs with me! Yay for country music! 🙂
- I’ve talked my grandmother on the phone a couple of times and loved every minute! I have missed living near her and my grandfather more than words can express. Their company and their farm has always been my safe haven, the place that I went to feel at peace, to find unconditional love, to eat good food, hear great stories, & to spend time with two of the most amazing people I know. I miss them.
- I learned a lot of new tricks for designing and I’m READY to use them! I’m ready to get back to designing, but alas I need my computer for that. Gah!
- I went to the movies with Todd. We saw the movie, Due Date, it was friggin’ hilarious!
P.S. I have added Disqus commenting to my blog. I used to use it, then got rid of it due to some problems while they were redesigning and formatting their site. But, I am wondering if it will help me comment back to each and every person who comments on my blog. I have a LOT of wordpress friends & blogger friends who I can never write back to and it always frustrates me. I hope that the change doesn’t bother too many people and that you will all keep commenting! Thanks!