THANK YOU TO KRISTEN @ LADYBUG BLESSINGS for this award!
THANK YOU TO MAMA INSOMNIA FOR THIS AWARD!
I’m supposed to give 14 random things about myself (7 for each award):
1. Wife Swap cracks me up. I seriously have no idea where this show finds all these “interesting” people with such “diverse” backgrounds. By interesting & diverse, I mean weird & weird. Some of these people are sooo extreme in their opinions!
2. Lboy has gotten so big! The scariest moment I had the other day was when I was doing the dishes & he figured out how to open the back door. I couldn’t find him, but when I did, he was on top of the slide.
3. Whoopi Goldberg drives me insane. INSANE.
4. I’m reading Pride & Prejudice. I love Jane Austen. Is that stereotypical girl reading? I don’t care. It’s a great book! When I finish I’m going to start reading Sense & Sensibility.
5. I have never watched Glee. Don’t really plan to either. Please don’t throw rocks at me.
6. I love Lboy’s naptime! 🙂
7. Tony Curtis was one of my all time favorite actors. I’m sad to hear that he has passed away. If you haven’t seen the old movie, “Operation Petticoat” with Cary Grant & Tony Curtis then get on netflix. Order it now. 🙂
8. I’m really nervous for all the Chilean Miners who are trapped in the mine! I’m so happy they are getting ready to get them out, but I’m still scared for them. I won’t be happy about anything until I see them safely up that scary tube. My prayers are with them and their families!
9. I have a friend who has been on my mind every.single.day since the month of July. I can’t blog about her situation & I haven’t talked to her in a while, but I have been praying for her constantly.
10. I wrote this post while watching football with my father-in-law, Todd, & Lboy. I’m rooting for Alabama to kill South Carolina–I swear if AL loses I’m going to flip!
11. Lboy can not understand why I don’t think he should be drinking coke. Sorry kid, you’re already too amped up, I don’t need caffeine amping you up anymore.
12. I heart Papa John’s Pizza. But I only eat cheese pizza. I hate pepperoni. But I will eat Pepperoni Lean Pockets. Weird right?
13. I’m ready to get my computer fixed.
14. Lboy got into my make up bag and thought that my eyeliner pencil was a great coloring pencil. Yeah, it’s ruined. Crazy kid!
So….now to hand off:
MVP’s of Mesa Town
My Life as Described by Twins, Trials & Triumphs
Confessions of a Shoeaholic
Big Teeth & Clouds
Gluten Free Mommy
Maureen @Tatter Scoops says
LOL on the eyeliner part. They don't have Wife Swap here but I do agree with you it's quite interesting watching these people.
Thank you so much for passing me the award, Kate. You're a sweet sweet friend!
Mama Insomnia says
You are Welcome!
As for your list…I couldn't agree more with #1. That show is like a train wreck sometimes. I don't want to look but I can't stop. I love Glee but I promise not to throw rocks at you 😉 and Papa John's is my favorite, though lately I only eat the bread sticks. Not that I don't like the pizza, I just fill up on the bread sticks!
Sorry to hear about your eyeliner…come enter my giveaway and maybe you can win a new one!
MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) says
Wow…thank you so much!!! 🙂 🙂
Was it that horrid Alabama game that made you think of me?! 🙂 We actually taped it, to watch it in peace after the girls were in bed. I completely unplugged, so as not to find out any clues until we watched it ourselves. However…we went to a birthday party Saturday afternoon. There was a Bama fan there, and you could just *tell* he wasn't in a good mood. Hubby ended up asking him about the game. Although I was a little disappointed to have learned the outcome, I was ultimately glad we didn't spend 3 1/2 hours of precious peace-time watching that for nothing! HA!!!
And I have never watched Glee, either….but don't tell any of my Facebook friends, as I think they might disown me. (It seems to be quite the topic of convo on Glee night.) 🙂
Awww, thanks so much, Kate!
I don't watch Glee, either. And if you are scared about opening the door, wait until he's big enough to turn the lock! Kate locked us out of the house once!
Congrats on the award!! Nice to know these random stuff about you and even though I am a big Gleek, I still heart you. I hope you still heart me. LOL.
Oh, and I totally dig Whoopi Goldberg and Jane Austen too. 😉
After I read posts of Judith on her blog, I have become one of her avid folrowels, as I was quite amazed at what she had written about, especially those under her My Creations that touched on religion and spirituality. Seeing posted for 30 days, all the 30 topics from Are you a spiritual person [Day 1] to Has your sense of your own spirituality been changed by participating in this challenge? Please explain. [Day 30]. Of all posts, it was her Day 28 post, Does your blog reflect your spirituality? If you donâ€™t have a blog, would it if you did? that struck my superego, in that while I was at the very outset contemplating on coming up with a blog about religion and spirituality, I felt so awkward, thus unprepared, to realize what I had contemplated. I grew up exposed to a lot of religious activities and was even a leader of our chapter’s Legion of Mary. But when I was in college when my social awareness developed, I was sort of lost interest in speaking about religion and spirituality in public (though I admit during the recent months I spent most of my time attending bible studies and prayer meetings). By the way, I am an HR practitioner now based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. I have been in the HR practice for more than a decade. Used to work for Cebu-based local newspaper (Cebu is the second largest city in the Philippines), I love to write human interest stories and even politics and started writing when I was still in high school. I will be more than happy to share my thoughts about religion and spirituality, though.
Cool list, so sad about Tony Curtis who was my mums favourite actor, the guy was a legend.
What's up with Whoopi Goldberg lol.
You are such a sweetie!! I am SO far behind on my blog reading, and here I am catching up and BAM, you hit me with an award…thank you so much!
I agree about Glee, but I have watched a few episodes…can't get hooked. And I love that you love Wife Swap, too! I think it makes me feel normal and like a good parent. Kind of like how Hoarders makes me feel like a good housekeeper!
WOW thank you for my award. I feel like I need a new dress and shoes. I would like to thank the academy! 🙂 ILY
Thank you for the award!! That is the first one I have ever received! I noticed you put www. in the link to my site. There is actually no www. just http://gfmommy.com
You are the best!