I have this incredibly cute puppy, okay he’s not a puppy, more of a teenager. He’s two and a half years old. His name is Giorgio. He’s my precious five pound usurped baby.
Saturday I decided it was super important that I spend some one-on-one time with the pup. So, I took him on my jog. I’m pretty sure he had a ton more fun than I did.
You see, this poor puppy has been a tad bit neglected with the wee one being the
king, boss, fascist dictator main getter of all the attention. When Lboy went down for bedtime I thought that I would take Giorgio for a run with me.
What I re-learned about my dog:
1. He’s a diva (waaay more than I am.) He refuses to run on the grass. It had to be pavement or sidewalk or he wasn’t having it. At one point I got to a busy road, there was no sidewalk, he was going to have to run on the grass (you know like I did!) & he sat his cute, little yorkie hiney down & would.not.budge.
2. He’s a diva! Yes, I know I already used this one. But I learned it more than once. I forgot that I spoiled him & that he will only drink filtered or bottled water. It can’t be tap water. I used to let him drink out of my bottled water cap. I know, I know. My husband calls me Elle Woods. ‘Nuff said.
3. He’s out of shape–like me! He & I used to run everyday together pre-baby. Those were the glory days of not sucking air. They don’t exist that way anymore. Within 15 minutes we were pooped! (But we ran for 45–needless to say we both sleep great that night!)
4. He has a blast when he’s not being tortured with the wheels of my humongo jogging stroller with wheels bigger than his body. And I know he loved not having to dodge the baby’s sippy cup. Lboy usually spends our time out running/walking by throwing his sippy cup over the side of the stroller. So Giorgio ends up dodging torpedoes the entire time.
5. He had the biggest puppy smile on his face the ENTIRE time we were gone & is now snuggled up at my feet passed out! I’m pretty sure we are besties again!
6. And the most important thing I learned: I have a really GREAT dog & he is a really GREAT friend!!!
So…if you happen to be in my area, see a little yorkie strutting his stuff on a sidewalk, drinking from a bottle of water while his owner is trudging her way through knee high grass–that’s me!