1. All of your sentences start with “I was reading this blog today…” and all you get are blank stares from people in the “real” world. Because let’s face it, they just don’t get it!
2. You tell a friend or a family member about something that you swear you haven’t already told them & before you can even spit the whole story out they’ve said, “I know. I read it on your blog.”
3. You know that Heather from Theta Mom Community or the ladies from SITS are a big deal!
4. When people in your “real” life don’t know about the aforementioned ladies you are literally stunned because these women feel almost like blogging celebs to you.
5. You have a conversation with a girlfriend or your husband or even a random stranger & half way through the convo you realize that this could be an amazingly, AWESOME blog post. So you excuse yourself, go running as fast as you can to your blogging notebook & start jotting down the idea–and whoever you were talking to at the time thinks you’re nuts. But you don’t care because you like totally know you’re going to get like a gazillion comments from the brillant idea you just scribbled down!
6. You look forward to turning on your computer in the morning because you can’t wait to see what all your “bloggy girlfriends” have written for the day!
7. You lust after google followers like you do Calvin Klein models.
8. You carry your camera with you, EVERYWHERE, because hey the baby might do something friggin’ cute & you don’t want to miss a thing, just in case it’s a cute pic for the blog (which again would garner comments–which you lust after almost as much as those google followers.)
9. The baby is asleep. The house is quiet. It would be the perfect time for a bubble bath & a good book. Too darn bad your computer can’t go in the tub with you because let’s face it you’d really rather blog!
10. You are inspired by the thoughts & words of mere strangers. That one moment of inspiration leads you to make a comment. That one comment turns into emailing. Emailing turns into friendship– all because of the power of the written word!
I’m glad I’m a “Blogger” & even more glad to “Know” All of You!!!
If you would like to be a Friday Featurette email me at email@example.com or check out the menu tab “Featurettes” for more info!
SO true! I've met some fabulous women through blogging! And yes, I'm ALWAYS thinking of things that would make an awesome blog post!
Love it! I am always confused when people say to me "what's a blog?".
Have a good weekend Kate!
I'm dying laughing, it's all so true!!! Especially number NINE! 🙂 I've thought about how great it would be to have a waterproof laptop several times!
Hello! I'm Kate. says
Corinne: I know!!! I seriously would be in the tub right now if I could–but I'm not. I'm blogging!!!
Angie: Thanks! I once told someone that I wrote a blog & they looked down at my shoes & said, "You're not wearing clogs." haha
Cheryl: I'm always trying to think of good posts–sometimes I get emails from family, "Hey write a post about this!"
Mommy's Sippy Cup says
Okay, I seriously nodded, smiled, and laughed on every single one! Lord can I relate to all of them! Love this post! Too funny 🙂
And totally agree that I have 'met' some amazing people!
Mommy's Sippy Cup says
And what do you have to do to be featured on your blog? Hmmmmm….? 🙂
Number one happens ALL the time! I just get eye rolls know because I can't even hold a conversation with that sentence in it somewhere!
Before blogging, I was never without a book in my hand. And since I finished a book about 3 weeks ago, I haven't even opened another one.
I need a bumper sticker or a tshirt or something that says: I'd rather be blogging!
Hello! I'm Kate. says
Jessica: I sent you an email!
Natalie: Yes! I get the eye roll all the time! And I was going to the library three or four times a week before I started blogging (2 months ago)–yeah I haven't been since mommy monologues went up that first week! lol I would love a keychain or something that says "I'd rather be blogging!" Hmmm…I should find one!
Brilliant sums up Kate! I went ditto…ditto…ditto on most hahaha. Hey me likey Natalie's and yours idea about "I'd rather be blogging!" thingy 😀 Sure am happy to have 'met' you here in the blogging world!
Honey B. says
lolol….this cracked me up, I fit every single one!
I love this!! My husband always rolls his eyes when I start a conversation with "So, I was reading this blog the other day…" I also can't wait to start my computer in the morning!
The Empress says
You know, this is so cute….Did you ever think of sending it in to mamapedia?
Oh oh, I'm so guilty. So guilty. @The Empress, HEY, that's MY NICKNAME, hands off!! LOL!
Oh my gosh! This list is awesome! I can relate with every single one of them. I am a blogger and proud to be one!!!
MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) says
Stopping by from Sonora's blog. This is all so true! I particularly can't hold a "mommy" conversation (with another mom) without referencing a blog I read. It's all just so relevant! 🙂
AWESOME list! One thing that I am most guilty of doing is starting to tell a story about something I read, remembering if was from a blog, and then being kinda sheepish about admitting where I read it!
I genuinely think blogging is like going down the rabbit hole. You never know who you'll find.
I also don't like explaining to people how much the community here means to me. I know they just don't "get" it and I don't wanna explain.
I love it!! What a great list. I was nodding my head and saying yes to the whole thing. I guess that means I'm a blogger!
/ Leben wird fcberbewertet Ich brauch auch immer wieedr viel le4nger ffcr die Artikel als ich vorher denke. Schreibe viel zu oft Bandwurmse4tze und versuch das dann umzuformulieren. Ich glaube, ich hab einfach zu lange keine Pressemitteilung mehr geschrieben. Da kommt man aus der dcbung mit den kurzen Se4tzen. Vielleicht schreibst du einfach ein paar kleinere Artikelchen dazu. Einer meiner meist kommentierten Beitre4ge hat nur eine Zeile.
I love this list!
I’ve HAD that moment of being pulled between bath and blog. I’ve newly gotten hooked on both reading and writing blogs. I love the sense of community.
Optimistic Mom says
I think I have fallen into this category! You summed it up well.
Optimistic Mom Most Recent Post…Why I went to Nursing School