And no I don’t mean like the super famous blogger who is having/had a movie made after her (I wish!)
You can call me Pioneer Woman because my friggin’ dishwasher went out last weekend.
Reasons why I’m NOT going to have it fixed:
1. It’s the best thing that ever happened to our family’s quality time. Every evening Todd & I stand at the sink together & wash the dishes. We laugh, we talk, & we laugh & we talk…we fall in love all over again.
2. It has forced me to be on top of getting my dishes done–they NEVER pile up anymore. My kitchen literally sparkles on a regular basis these days.
3. My hands smell of a beautiful Palmolive scent. It’s better than roses for reals y’alls. And my hands are so soft, I may never need a spa manicure by Madge ever again!
4. It helps me feel productive! I feel as though I’m actually accomplishing something with my day.
And last but not least….
5. Think of all the MONEY I’m saving on my electric bill by not having to run that blasted thing! And it was so noisy too…
Oh heck! Who am I kidding! All that is a bunch of rationalizing BS!
1. I’d rather watch paint dry with Todd than do the dishes–because frankly housework blows.
2. Ha! Like I’m really staying on top of the dishes.
3. My hands are so cracked & dry from using that blasted dish soap I’ve almost gone through a whole bottle of lotion!
4. I was already productive…hello…I blog! We bloggers get stuff done every day…like…socializing on twitter….er….I mean feeding our children.
5. I’m pretty sure I am single handedly using up the world’s freshwater supply by hand washing all my dishes.
So wish me luck in my Pioneer Woman Adventuring ways until the repair guy gets here…I’m gonna need it!