Remeber this post about me deciding that I’m going to actually become serious about blogging? Well, it’s been 10 days since I wrote that & I thought that I would share all the things I’ve learned. And here’s a list!
1. There’s a blogging group out there for everyone- whether it’s about Horror Films like Hayes Hudson’s House of Horror, people struggling with illnesses, like Kerri @ Living with Chronic Illness (who in fact has the exact same illness as my MIL, so I was immediately drawn to this blog), or Awesome Mommies like us!
2. If you find a blog post inspires you enough to leave a comment-do it! You might make a friend or two or three or more like I did with (just to name a few, there are literally a ton that I’ve been talking to) Cowboy Boots & Baby Booties & The Makeshift Revolution (who I will be writing for in the next couple of weeks! yay)
5. If you want to build a following put your name out there & don’t be afraid to do it. The places I have found the most encouragement are: Theta Mom Community, Top Mommy Blogs, Lady Blogger’s Society, Mom Blogger’s Club, & The Secret is in the Sauce.
7. If you venture outside of your “niche” you’re likey to find even more cool peeps like I did during the Lady Blogger Tea Party Social.
8. You find awesome people to read that you can relate to & when you feel like no else understands, boom, there’s a blog about that. Or when you want to see something inspiring, stumble onto an awesome blog with beautiful pictures. Andie Rae Photography, The Exposed Mom & Enjoying the Small Things.
9. Be yourself! Even in the e-world people can detect when you aren’t being you. And you will be happier with your results!
10. Have an organized layout! When I changed my template I got a ton of compliments & more readers (considering I had 4 readers, all of who I was related to about 10 days ago….the layout was definitely an improvement!)
11. There are some people who make blog designs that are amazing enough to inspire you to be a blogger! That’s exactly what happened with April Showers.
12. Always be nice to Ericka at Alabaster Cow because
she knows where I live in the real world she’s friggin’ hilarious, can write amazingly well (check out this Post) & she really helped me out with this whole blogging thing! (Why else would I have mentioned her 3 times in this post?! ha)