I was going to do a post identical to this one & tonight, I just happened to be reading Theta Mom & decided I liked her questions better than the ones I was going to use.
Getting to Know Me
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Jake Gyllenhaal
2. What has been your favorite age so far? I liked 20, 23 & I’m loving 27 right now!
3. Where did you meet your husband? On a study abroad trip to Mexico
4. How many children do you have? One & one on the way
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? 4th grade talent show
6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? I just remember noticing all of Todd because I thought he was HOT!
7. What really turns you off? I can not stand it when people lie to me.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? White chocolate mocha frappuccino.
9. What is your biggest mistake? Opening my big mouth & repeating things when I shouldn’t have.
10. As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? I don’t know if I ever had something specific like that.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. Right now, I’m watching Friends, & regretting that I didn’t go to bed an hour ago.
12. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? Sometimes. I like to get a cartoon Disney movie every year for Christmas. It’s tradition! This year we’re doing Lion King for Lboy!
13. Did you have braces? No, thank the good Lord I got my dad’s teeth!
14. Favorite Social Network? I like Facebook & Twitter.
15. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? The night Todd proposed & after the first time we heard Lboy’s heartbeat. It was 150 beats a minute. Todd had flowers delivered with a note that said, “You make my heart beat 150 beats a minute.” *Cue the awwwing*
16. When do you know when it’s love? You just know.
17. Do you speak any other languages? I have a bachelor’s in Spanish. And I haven’t had to use it since Lboy was born. Don’t tell my parents, they spent a fortune making sure I was fluent in Spanish. 🙂
18. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? Yes, a few times my freshman & sophomore year of college. Until I read in a health magazine that tanning will make your boobs sag prematurely. Was I worried about cancer? No. Boob saggage? Yes.
19. What magazines do you read? I love People magazine & Shape.
20. What is playing on your iPod right now? My iPod was stolen. Don’t remind me.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo? Yes, in the 10th grade for something.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? Yes, my mom’s dad.
23. Do you watch MTV? Not anymore. I used to watch Real World & all those competitions they did. But, I’ve kind of outgrown the station entirely.
24. What’s something that really annoys you? I’m pregnant. Lots of things really annoy me these days.
25. Which television show you were sad to say goodbye to? Friends!
26. Can you dance? Hahaha…that would be a no.
27. What’s your favorite place in the world? Sitting on the couch at my grandparents’ house. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent at their house, sitting on that couch. It was the place that I went when I needed to find peace in a chaotic world, when I needed to know I was loved for who I was & not because of who I was expected to be, or just simply the place where I went to hear a good story or two from 2 of my most favorite people in the world.
28. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? Nope.
29. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? Hmmm…my list is really long. I’ll think about it & narrow it down.
30. If you could change one thing in the world for your child, what would it be? When he’s school age, I wish I could remove the fact that there will be mean kids & he will be picked on (aren’t we all at that age?)
Your turn: If you’re up for the challenge, ask a question in the comments that you would like to know more about and I’ll do my best to answer it. Or answer these questions on your blog & let me know you did! I’d love to read your answers.